Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Walking for a Cause!

My maternal grandfather, Kenneth Post, was every bit of 6 feet 4 inches tall. He was a proud, strong, broad chested man who worked his whole life at Allis Chalmers, a tractor plant in La Porte, Indiana. Despite his grandiose stature, when he opened his mouth to sing, angels stopped to listen! What a gift he had.

I wish I had more memories of him, but my grandfather suffered from Alzheimer's. It robbed him of more time with us, his memory, his physical being, and his pride. What a horrible disease. Upon hearing the name Alzheimer's, it does not take long for most of us to conjure up loving thoughts of someone taken by this awful disease.

Please join me in the fight to find a cure for this mind-crippling disease. A dear friend of mine whose grandmother was taken by Alzheimer's has put together a team of us to take part in a "Memory Walk.". My goal is to each raise $200 for this awesome cause.
Please join me in supporting a great cause by making an online donation at: http://blba.us/i.asp?id=299967-265453627-1 I appreciate your sponsorship in what I know is a hard time for all of us.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Sam, Thank you, you will never know how much this means to me. We can only hope and pray that some day soon they will find an answer as to how to stop this terrible disease.

Love you- Mom