Saturday, February 13, 2010

2 Simple Dinners I Just Love!

OK...I don't know about you all, but I am a huge fan of quick and easy recipes that don't taste like quick and easy recipes! I like to cook, don't get me wrong. What I don't like is recipes that require one random ingredient that I will never use, but in that recipe. A few simple ingredients, a bit of time in preparation, and then lets sit down and enjoy. It should not take me longer to eat or clean-up, then it did to prepare.

If you are at all like me, then you will love these 2 recipes. One we used for a progressive dinner our Sunday school class did several Christmases ago and one is from Paula Deen. Enjoy!!!

Sausage and Cream Cheese Manicotti

1 pkg. manicotti noodles
1 8oz. pkg. cream cheese
1 lb. Italian sausage (or sage sausage)
1 jar Alfredo sauce


1. Boil noodles. Drain and run under cold water.
2. While noodles are cooking, brown the sausage. Drain and add cream cheese. Put sausage/cream cheese mixture into a sandwich size Ziploc baggie. Snip the bottom corner off.

3. Spray a 9 x 13 dish. Coat the bottom with about 1/3 of your Alfredo sauce.
4. Squeeze the baggie into the manicotti noodles to fill them. Place them in the dish. Pour the remaining sauce over the noodles.

5. Bake at 350 covered for 30 minutes, then uncovered for 15 more minutes.


Lady and Son's Chicken in Wine Sauce
4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts (I use 2)
4 tablespoons butter, melted
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
6 oz. (about 8 slices) Swiss cheese (or however many to cover your chicken breasts)
1 can cream of chicken soup
¼ cup white wine (or chicken broth)
1 cup herb-flavored stuffing mixed, crushed up

1. Add chicken to a shallow buttered (or sprayed) casserole dish (size depends on how many chicken breasts you have: 11 x 7 or 9 x 13). Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Layer cheese slices on top.
2. In a medium bowl, mix soup and wine, season with salt and pepper, and then pour over cheese. Sprinkle stuffing mix on top and drizzle with melted butter. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.


2 comments:

J Katy Garner said...

those sound good I will have to give them a try!

Amanda said...

Yum! I will have to try these! My family would love these! Hope you guys are doing well!