Saturday, June 28, 2008

Grocery Store Control

Another confession...I am now one of those moms. You know...the kind when we did not have kids we used to cuss at in the aisles of the grocery store. The mom who pushes around the race-car cart that should require you have a Class C "Big Rig" driver license to push. Also referred to in many social circles as the "carts from hell". I not only drive one, I seek them out at any store I go into. Some stores think they are being nice and give your 3 year old a helium filled balloon the second you walk into their store. Well, let me tell you. Who ever thought THAT was a good idea never spent the rest of the shopping trip through the store with the 3 year old he just gave the balloon to! It enough to make you not want to return. Its not like you can say no thank you to the balloon as you walk in...that would send the before mentioned 3 year old into a frenzy because mama won't let him have a balloon. No sir...I will pass on the balloons, but not the big ol' cart. It may take some time to get good at maneuvering them...they have a tricky turning radius, your palms may sweat from nerves as you try to gracefully make your way, and you cannot just breeze through a store...but the 3 year old is contained and entertained. That my friends makes it ALL worth it.


1 comment:

Amanda said...

I will definitely have to try the big momma cart. Ellie might like it better than sitting in the basket part of the shopping cart and having things piled on top of her, and Garyn might like it better (being in his comfy car seat) instead of hanging off the front of mommy in a pouch! Unfortunately, they don't have carts like this at the grocery store that I usually go to, but I might try one the next time I go to Wal-Mart!