For all of you who are not on Facebook, there has been this craze of writing 25 random things about yourself and then sending it to your friends...you know, one of those get to know you better type things. Its very fun to read and very interesting some of the things you learn about about. It is quite similar to the e-mail questionnaires...You've all gotten these e-mails with a million questions. You read the answers of the person who sent the e-mail, delete their answers, add your answers, and then send it on to others. Here are 25 random facts about me:
1. I am afraid of clowns and have been my whole life.
2. I am an awful speller, even though I made a 100% on all my 5th grade spelling tests...guess it went down hill from there.
3. My kiddos initials are both AGS, and yes we did that on purpose. Gig'em!
4. I have a hard time going to bed without checking on my little ones.
5. I am fascinated with ear wax. My sweet husband leaves his Q-tips on the bathroom counter for me to see! Not that is REAL love. :)
6. In my 33 years, I have lived in 5 different states (7 if you count the 2 my parents moved to while I was in college) and 4 different cities in Texas.
7. I like to cook and Josh admits I am a good cook, but we have decided I am recipe challenged.
8. I can touch my tongue to my nose. My son cannot, but practices quite frequently.
9. I have seen every episode of Sex and the City and read all 7 of the Harry Potter books.
10. I am a bit on the OCD side, so I have a bad habit of throwing things away the maybe should not have been thrown away. This makes Josh really happy.
11. When our second was 10 days old, Josh moved 535 miles away and left me to sell the house, pack the house, and take care of the 2 kids...one being a newborn.
12. I love to ski, but do not like to go fast down the mountain. Therefore, I spend a lot of time on the greens and easy blues.
13. I am not big on mixing my foods, so I usually eat all of one thing on my plate first and then move on to another. I am big on the divided plates!
14. I do not like mayo, miracle whip, ranch, or any creamy dressings. I eat my sandwiches dry...just bread, meat, and cheese.
15. I love to take long, hot baths...even though Josh tells me I am lying in my own filth!
16. I wish I were a better dancer. Dance lessons, particularly the jitterbug, are on my bucket list.
17. I once asked for an IRA for my birthday...yes, an individual retirement account. It made me feel so grown up.
18. Monopoly is the only game I can beat Josh at...Mr. Banker himself. I used to be competitive, but then I married Josh and now I am thankful for 2nd place.
19. I love to go to the movies, but having kids has severely put a damper on that.
20. My true gift in life is my ability to pack a dishwasher. My family knows this and therefore assigns me this job whenever we are all together.
21. I do not mind gathering laundry, sorting it, washing it, but the folding and putting it away is what gets me.
22. Brussels sprouts are one of my favorite foods.
23. I have not slept through the night since April 23rd, 2008...the night before our daughter was born.
24. I once lip synced “I Will Survive" by Gloria Gaynor at my schools (where I was teaching 4th grade) talent show. My back-up singers were the male PE coach and a guy that I went to college with who was also a teacher at the school.
25. I was baptized on July 21, 2002 after treking a 13,960 ft. mountain with a bunch of high school kids (who whipped me up the summit).