Friday, January 8, 2010

Introducing Lizzy!

October 25, 2009

We have lived in this house for 18 months (as of October 25th when I should have been writing this story). Since the day we moved in, a sweet little chartreuse lizard has live with us...on the back porch that is. You may remember the blog about him coming in on a plant during the hurricane last summer. Anyway, I am not a biologist to know if it is the same lizard all these 18 months, but I do know this...it fascinates Andrew and Ainsley to no end. They have named the lizard Lizzy and look for it every time we go outside! Ainsley found him most recently sharing her car. Safe to say she was on a mission to follow the poor things every move for at least 20 minutes, probably scaring the poor thing to death. In the end, Lizzy ended up face-to-face with Andrew on top of a planter!
They never try to touch him, pick him up, or stomp on him, just point and give the play-by-play of his every move. I am so glad we live in the city...I would hate to see what they would find out in the country!

1 comment:

Poppy and Gammie said...

We did enjoy many laughs over this little guy and I hope little Lizzy doesn't get much bigger.